Removing a tree stump – 5 benefits of stump grinding
The warmer days of summer and the longer light of the season’s balmy evenings is enough to make anyone with a garden want to get out into their yard and enjoy the fresh air. Summer is also a good time to get stuck into our gardens to tidy them up and get them looking good again. However, if you’ve had to remove any trees or large bushes from your property, the question often arises as to whether or not to think about the tree stump removal too.
When a tree or large bush is taken out, it’s usually cut down to just above the ground, which leaves behind the tree stump. However, there are a number of very good reasons to also deal with removing a tree stump.
5 reasons why removing a tree stump is important
Tree stumps left behind can be a hazard and lead to many other problems. So there are a number of benefits of removing a tree stump. Here are 5 things to consider:
1. If a tree stump left behind gets hidden by grass or other growth, it could pose a trip hazard, cause injury and even damage mowers if you hit them while mowing your lawn.
2. A tree stump that is left behind is actually a piece of decaying organic matter, which will attract all sorts of pests into your garden as well as be a potential source of spreading disease to other plants in your garden.
3. Unless the tree and its root system was completely dead, it’s very likely that the tree stump will sprout new growth from its base, and before you know it, you’ll have some more work to do.
4. Any stump that is left behind will always be an eyesore on a property. It’s much better to tackle the tree stump removal job and neaten up your garden in the process. This is especially important if you’re thinking about selling your home, as tree stump removal is not something that potential buyers want to have to deal with.
5. The presence of a tree stump also creates an unusable space in your garden – valuable space that could be used for other plantings, or to create a more appealing landscape or a larger space for children to play.
Tree removal and stump grinding
Tree removal and stump grinding can prevent or solve all of these issues. If you have a tree stump in your yard, you may be tempted to tackle the tree stump removal yourself. However, removing a tree stump can often be easier said than done.
Compared with cutting down a tree, tree stump removal involves more careful work. Grinding a stump is the most effective way of removing a tree stump. Getting the job done properly and safely also requires skill and expertise, and the right equipment.
Tree stump removal professionals
So, not only are there many benefits to your property of tree removal and stump grinding, but getting in a stump grinding professional is also the best way to ensure the job of tree stump removal is done quickly, effectively and safely.
If your property is home to tree stumps that need to be removed, then contact the tree stump removal professionals at Stump Busters. We’ve got teams removing stumps throughout the greater Auckland, Hamilton and Thames areas. To make sure your property is safe, appealing and pest-free by removing any pesky tree stumps, simply give us a call on 0800 456 027 to arrange for a free, no-obligation, on-site stump removal quote.